Friday, April 30, 2010

Salt Lake City and it's More Interesting Stuff - This is What I Call "Tourist Photography"

I hardly ever go to Salt Lake City, but when I do, I usually have a good time. I rented a Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye lens from Allen's Camera for this occasion. Allen's rental service was great, they didn't seem to mind that me, a 14 year-old kid was using it, and they didn't charge a deposit (I wonder if they charge for the $2000 70-200mm VR II f/2.8...). But anyways, props for them! Im not particularly proud of any of these shots, but it is all I have for now. In SLC we simply walked around and went to all the obvious attractions: the wonderfully elegant and impressive LDS Conference Center, beautiful Temple Square, and the (insert praise here) Capitol Building.


The fisheye captures almost a full 180 degree view, as demonstrated here. Very fun.




The shadows here were interesting... No? Well I thought so.





The flower seen here was actually only about 2mm from the lens.





For anyone who didn't know, this is 3 stories above Salt Lake on top of the conference center. Thats right, not on ground level. This garden represents what Utah used to look like before the hand of modern mankind.






This place is absolutely huge, in a magnificent sort of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment